Monday, May 6, 2013

His Suffering Beyond Comprehension

Physical or mental pain and suffering is something we're all subject to. Spiritual suffering, however, may be a type of suffering we may not fully understand.

This morning I was running on the treadmill while listening to Boyd K. Packer and Dean M. Davies. Their inspired words lead me to ponder our great exemplar, whose name I suppose is too sacred to mention by name too frequently.

When I exert myself by running or in any other physical (or mental) endeavour, there always comes a point where I decide "I've had enough" or "I feel this might be sufficient" - even "healthy" or "necessary". Such must've been the case with Him also.

There are two aspects I keep reflecting on still, following this year's Easter: (1) His suffering in submission to the Father's will and duration. (2) His suffering beyond death. I wonder if our ultimate quest, i.e. beyond the veil and the life to come, could be to fathom or even fully appreciate the suffering He bled and died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment