Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Worldwide Readers

Like so many others, I have a worldwide audience of readers. Why? This private blog, which I visit when I feel like it, is not my main channel. However, if you are wondering whether or not it's worthwhile to share personal thoughts online, I'd like to raise the awareness of how a blog can make a big difference over time.

If you're asking me, blogging is far more effective than people might think. Having posted a few personal thoughts now and then - seemingly insignificant - has brought many thousands of visitors from all over the world to pick up other messages I want to spread online.

Clients keep asking me about online exposure and help to collaborate as a team using social media more effectively. Well, I always stress to them the power of combining the personal with the professional. People want the personal (that's what we read) and often they will find the professional via those personal channels. Here's a map of visitors and how this, my own little private blog with only a few faithful followers, has become a gateway to the professional part of me and thus granted a large number of new business assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment