Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dutch Football Strikers

I'm absolutely not a football freak (i.e. soccer), but I do occasionally watch a game when it has some kind of significance, and especially when one of my few favorite players are in it...

OK, so I'm Dutch and biased. If you're asking me, Dutch soccer strikers often seem to stand out in the crowd, don't they?! ;-)

The player I'll be following with great interest in the World Cup 2010 is definitely Robin van Persie. I see in him a lot of the same traits that Ruud van Nistelrooy, Marco van Basten and Johan Cruyff had.

Watch this clip of Robin van Persie and see if you don't recognize what I observe and like about him; surprising ability to stay on his feet (read: balance), regularly doing "the unexpected", an extreme drive and focus on the goal, a consistent display of skills, always fast, flexible and dangerous, a master of "one touch" and maybe most of all just being in the right place relative to team players.


No comments:

Post a Comment