Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Music is Great Therapy

Music can be a wonderful stress reliever as well as a great form of therapy.

Since we're on the topic of music; I remember as a young boy how my mother would be playing the piano and telling me how great a therapeutic tool it was in her life. I didn't quite understand what that meant at the time.

As of recent years, however, I've grown to appreciate the same. When in need of a time-out, when life's just too hectic (needing to slow down) I just play the piano and quickly regain the right momentum. What a wonderful blessing this is! I'm guessing a violinist, guitar player or any other musician experiences the same sensation..?

p.s. This morning our youngest son was playing his violin making sure everybody was up and awake. As such, maybe the antithesis is also true; sometimes an instrument and its music can trigger feelings of frustration ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, the only instrument I ever learned to play was the orchestral bells. I've always wanted to learn the violin, because I consider it to be the most expressive instrument in existence.

    ReplyDelete