Monday, January 5, 2009

Transcending the ego

Almost done reading another book! (I'll be reading a lot more this year ;-)

A good friend of mine encouraged me to read "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. After reading a few pages I have to admit I was thinking: "What in the world - this is the weirdest stuff??! I'm done reading - give me something else". But then he got me. Boy does he reel you in. I'm pretty sure I disagree on a lot of what he says, but... I'm not done, yet, so I might be wrong. A lot of his reasoning feels eXcellent!

...and feelings and self awareness is exactly what he's on about. His point about transcending the ego is exceptionally good, I think. He also connects a lot of the concepts I myself have written about. Maybe that's why he triggers my interest - heh. Too bad he reveals his being an evolutionist, though. It kind of breaks with his "perfectly logical reasoning" during the first half of the book.

Click on the cover picture of the book and listen to some of the stuff Eckhart Tolle says online.

No comments:

Post a Comment