Thursday, December 11, 2008

I love Ireland

I just spent another three days in Ireland doing training and coaching for Oracle in Dublin. Our family used to live there for two years. We have so many good friends there. Every time I go over I thrive in the presence of hospitable people - eager to carry a conversation, thrilled to be of help when asked and unafraid to challenge an open discussion.

If you ever had a spirited dialog with an Irish person, you'll find a lot of them have that particular type of humour - slightly sarchastic, an odd bit of "black stuff" - but mostly hilarious.

Ireland has a special place in my heart. Did you ever find that once you've stayed in another country for a longer period of time, there's always something you'll forever miss, unless you have the opportunity to return. In a way it becomes part of you!

Long live Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment