Saturday, November 29, 2008

Advantages of a treadmill

A treadmill has been on my wish list for a long time. When Lillian began speaking about how much she wanted an elliptical machine (is that what it's called?) for her birthday, we suddenly just decided to buy them both. What a great investment.

Maybe you're like me; when you buy something a little more expensive than what's "normal" you start making a mental list of good reasons to justify why you spent all that money. Well, that's what I did. So far, here are my explicit needs for spending a fair amount of money on a treadmill (BTW, the picture displays exactly the one we bought):
  • We're spending quality time together getting exercise
  • Freedom to also doing other things, like watching TV, listening to talks, music or just socialize with the kids in the family room
  • Having the option to quit any time (it actually motivates me)
  • Help to maintain steady pace when tempted to slow down
  • Easily keep track of progress (time, distance, pulse)
  • Weather becomes irrelevant (rain, snow, ice...)
  • It allows me to look after the kids when Lillian is out, and still get my exercise
Maybe the list will grow as I think of other good reasons why a treadmill is smart..?

No comments:

Post a Comment